Awakening Alliance Church
Saturday, November 18, 2017
We Love. We Serve.
Awakening Alliance Church began as the Ridgway Alliance Church in 1935, with Rev. John Dittmar as its first pastor.  The church purchased a building located at 200 South Mill Street in downtown Ridgway.  From its founding in 1935 through 2001, the church was led by 11 different pastors and became known as an important part of the community.
 
In May 2001, Rev. Don Hunter and his wife Jewel were called to serve as the Lead Pastoral couple at the Ridgway Alliance Church.  The church had experienced significant growth under the previous pastor, Rev. James Stork, and had purchased property just south of town on Highway 219.  A parsonage had already been built on the property.  In 2002, the congregation voted unanimously to build a new church facility on the Highway 219 (Boot Jack Road) property.  The building project was completed in the spring of 2003, and the first service was held in the new building on Easter Sunday 2003.
 
In 2006, the Ridgway Alliance Church hired it's first full-time staff member, Rev. John Tracy, to serve as Youth and Worship Pastor.  Rev. Tracy left to plant a church early in 2011.
 
During the summer of 2012, we hired Mike Streich part-time as Director of Worship Ministries, a capacity in which he continues to serve.
 
Our Current Director of Youth Ministries, Jeff Slattery, joined our staff after graduating from Geneva College in December 2013.  Jeff is currently working on licensing with the C&MA.
 
In 2009, the St. Mary's Alliance Church merged with the Ridgway Alliance Church.  As a part of the merger and in recognition of ongoing vision and direction of the church, the name was changed to Awakening Alliance Church.  Although the St. Mary's site was closed in 2010, the name Awakening Alliance Church has been retained.
 
We continue to work with excitement to fulfill our call to Awaken Our Region to the Father's Love!